Economics and Agricultural Extension Department
The Economics and Agricultural Extension Department Department was first approved and established at the Agriculture Faculty of Herat University by the Ministry of Higher Education in 2011. The department started its work with 36 students and 2 master lecturers but then in 2012, it was decided to be established in all agriculture faculties around Afghanistan at the curriculum balancing convention.
Facilities and Accouterment:
This department is equipped with almost all the academic facilities and accouterment needed. Some of the facilities are including an appropriative library in the department, the library for the faculty, the possibility to be member of the Students’ Farm School for fomenting activities, a communication room for saving data and doing academic research, classes are facilitated with projectors and other academic facilities and a well-equipped computer lab including internet to facilitates teachers’ work.
Area of Working:
The graduates from this department can work in a variety of areas including Agricultural Development Bank, Propagation Department of Agriculture Administration, Villages Development Administration, Ministry of Agriculture, agricultural organizations, agricultural companies, teaching at higher education institutes, Institute of agriculture and livestock, marketing, managing agricultural farms and research.
Objectives of Agricultural Development and Economy Department:
- Train professionals on the area of agricultural propagation and economy
- Train programing methods, planning and managing agricultural programs
- Train and enhance students’ capacity in the area of management and leadership
- Students get familiar with promotive systems
- Introducing didactic systems for farmers
- Introducing proper methods for advising on economic analyzes of agricultural activities
- Train on how to use producing factors
- Build capacity on marketing for agricultural products
- Build capacity on how to use economically from the agricultural lands
- Enhance skills of using and economical analyzing of natural resources.
- Train how to collect statistics of agricultural products, their economic importance and analyze them
- Introducing developed agricultural technology and agricultural innovating promotive systems
- Familiarization and introduction of villages for enhancing working capacity and leadership in them.