Department of Banking
The Banking Department was established in 2014, within the framework of the Economics Department, based on the necessity and study of the labor market need for professional staff in this field. The financial and banking system of the country is one of the most important economic sectors of the country, which has made significant progress and strides in the last decade to make its role pivotal in the economy of the country. Banking in Afghanistan had not seen any significant expansion since its establishment in the year 1312, but in the last decade, it has grown substantially in terms of quality and quantity, relying on the country's economic system and adherence to new commercial and banking laws. To tackle this growth and to align banking activities in the country with the needs of the country and the Afghan community, the country faced a lack of professional staff. Therefore, in view of the growing need of the labor market for banking professionals in banking, the Economics Department has taken long-term steps in this field, eventually modifying the curriculum of the department in 2014. Subsequently, the department started its work within the framework of the Faculty of Economics.
Training and updating the knowledge of professionals in the field of finance and banking in the country
According to the aforementioned vision, the Banking Department has incorporated its philosophy of activity into a specific mission. The Banking Department's mission statement focuses on the key factors addressing the key needs and issues of important stakeholders. Some of the principal themes of the mission are:
• Preparing the specialized human resources needed by the country in the areas of financial management and banking
• Academic cooperation in the implementation of strategic and operational financial and banking plans with state and non-governmental banks and institutions.
• Quantitative and qualitative improvement of educational services for applicants in accordance with national and international standards
• Production of knowledge of finance and banking
• Teaching and learning
• Promoting the use of large-scale academic achievements in the country's financial and banking system in a practical and theoretical way
• Collaborating and exchanging information with all departments at the Faculty of Economics and other Faculty
The Banking Department relies on a number of indispensable values to emphasize the achievement of its goals, objectives, and mission. The key values that our department is committed to adhering to are:
• Professionalism and meritocracy
• Commitment and responsibility
• Innovation in academic and research activities
• Paying attention to comprehensive quality management in all departments
• Emphasis on the spirit of belief, cooperation, and group work
Goals & Objectives
The Banking Department defines and defines its macro goals in four separate strategies in line with the strategic plan of the Faculty of Economics.
Macro Goals: These departmental goals include the four strategic ones of education, research, community engagement, and human resources management:
Goals related to academic strategy
• Providing the highest possible level of academic and academic services to students and other financial and banking applicants.
• Providing educational opportunities for individual growth in the department
• Providing ample opportunities for upgrading academic degrees and academic rank of faculty members
• Providing a master's degree in finance and banking
• Striving to benefit from the most sophisticated equipment and technology in the field of education
Objectives related to the research strategy
• Improving the level of analytical and research abilities of faculty members and students
• Promoting appropriate academic and research activities in the financial and banking disciplines
Goals related to the strategy of the role of the faculty in society
• Maintaining and elevating the department's position to a credible academic and scientific reference for the country's financial and banking institutions.
• Providing opportunities for the active participation of institutions, entrepreneurs and professionals in the academic, research and practical activities of the department
• Developing scientific, academic and research collaborations with relevant centers
Goals related to HRM strategy
• Deepening the culture of rule of law among the academic and administrative staff of the Department
• Promoting and utilizing an effective evaluation system in the teaching, academic, and administrative affairs of faculty members
• Strengthening human resource management