Department of Journalism
The Department of Journalism was established in the framework of the Faculty of Literature and Humanities in 2002 and was promoted to an independent faculty in 2011. This field covers press, radio, television, news agencies and online media.
1, Basic familiarity with journalistic knowledge and related professional, ethical and applied concepts.
2. Meeting the needs of the information society, audience and mass communication tools.
3. Training professional and professional staff to meet educational needs, media research and services in the community.
4. Training the expert staff in order to serve the improvement of the social and educational communication system in the country as well as to meet the communication, information, media and advertising needs of the international community.
5. Teaching how to provide news, education, and science information about the latest developments and developments for the media and staff.
1. Familiarity with modern journalism
2. Learning new professional skills by students
3. Acquiring the necessary skills for working in the technical and professional sectors of the press, radio, television and online media.
4. Students' familiarity with the media law and ethics as well as professional ethics
5. Familiarity of students with advertise, literary and analytical genres.
6. Students' acquaintance with different sections of Islamic culture, Islamic culture, contemporary history of Afghanistan ...
7. Students' acquaintance with the general knowledge of economics, law, environmental science and ...
The curriculum of the Department of Journalism have been developed in partnership with the University of San Jose State University in line with international journalism standards, requirements of the Afghan community. This curriculum and content topics were designed with a focus on theoretical, scientific, and media new technologies and two years ago at the Kabul journalism conference, which was selected as the national curriculum for journalism in the country, and is now approved by the Ministry of Higher Education.
In all faculties of journalism, the country is being implemented. It has 148 credited credits, with emphasis on political and economic trends.
Department of Public Relations
The Department of Public Relations was established in 2011 within the framework of the Faculty of Journalism and Mass Media of Herat University as a result of scientific co-operation with the University of San Francisco and is the first public relations department at the universities of Afghanistan.
Students of journalism will be attracted to this department after passing general courses and credits in two years, as desired and with proper notification from the department about the future of this discipline. This field includes strategic communication spheres, spokespersons, organizational communications, public opinion surveys, research, advertising and marketing. The department has already completed two courses.
1. Training a dedicated and expert force to meet the educational, research and service needs of the community.
2. Response to the urgent need of the country to train Public Relation professionals in order to serve in Public Relations Offices. Organizational communications Marketing of public, private and foreign cultural and press offices to promote development programs of the country.
3. Training professionals in order to serve the promotion of the social communication system within the country and respond to international communication and publishing needs.
4. Provide practical and scientific information to experts and public relations practitioners according to the progress of the day.
5. Creating a professional look at public relations departments and the possibility of creating a proper and appropriate framework for their activities.
6. Culture in the field of the proper use of the potential of public relations among authorities and the use of their knowledge and experience in developing strategies and policies.
7. Integration of science and experience in the field of public relations with the emphasis on scientific-applied sciences.
1. Familiarity with students and the acquisition of skills and expertise in the profession of public relations
2. Students' familiarity with the types of public relations in economic and political organizations
3. Familiarity with new public relations practices and techniques
4. Introduction to Islamic culture, Islamic history, contemporary history and ...
5. Learning general economics, law, science
Graduates of this department
Graduates of post-graduate public relations can be in the field of bachelor and management of communications, publishing, public relations, public awareness, advertising, strategic communications, spokeswoman, consultancy and marketing in public and private organizations. To work.
The curriculum vitae of the Department of Public Relations in the scientific collaboration of the University of the American have been developed along with the global criteria and requirements of the Afghan community. This curriculum and content syllabus were designed with a focus on theoretical, scientific and new communication technologies and two years ago, at the Kabul Journalism Conference, was selected as the National Public Relations Officer of the country and has now been approved by the Ministry of Higher Education of the country. The public relations departments of the country are being implemented. It has 148 corridors and emphasizes political and economic trends.