Department of Graphic
Under the license of Ministry of Higher Education, the department of Graphic was established and started its activities in 2011. Presently, there are 7 lectures in the departments who are holding the scientific positions of Pohandoy, Pohanmal, Pohanyar and Pohyalay.
Since establishment, this department has put efforts to approach a criterial quality in teaching and instruction the students to be match the academic standards.
worldwide System of Credit and curriculum approved by the ministry of Higher education has been implemented at this department.
Considering short time passed since its establishment, this department has done many activities such as holding several individual and group exhibitions. First round of graphic graduates has been presented to the society in 2014. There are a professional library, a workshop for hand printing, a computer lab and classrooms for theory and practical lessons.
Lectures of this department are members of University Scientific Council, Faculty Scientific Council, Research Committee, Discipline Committee and commission for Launching exhibitions.
Every year, new students are attracted through University Entrance Exam and especial exam for Behzad Professional Institute, held by Ministry of Higher education.
- effort on quality and quantity improvement of Graphic Art teaching (artistic and industrial graphic) for students, according to national and international criteria
- Presenting scientific and artistic achievements and introduction of their applicable fields in the country level
- Training of professional staff according to international criteria and Afghanistan’s society
- Improvement and betterment of the department position in the country level
- Creating relationship with Graphic departments outside the country
- Establishment of photography, animation and caricature tendencies into the frame of department
- creating a more professional work field
curriculum approved by the Ministry of Higher Education is implemented in this department. The subjects which are in the curriculum include both practical and theory, and are divided into 5 categories: Professional, Basic, Optional, University Wide and Monograph.
- Launching biannual exhibitions by teachers and students of department (once every two years)
- To prepare criterial Teaching Policy Plans
- Holding scientific conferences
- Arranging of instructive journeys to improve the level of students’ minds and motivation
- Research and study on Modern Arts to upgrade the level of education and to reach international criteria